Caroline Flack has flown to Los Angeles to reportedly clear her head before her assault trial next year.
The former Love Island host, 40, landed in the US today and is said to be planning long hikes and a period of reflection before heading home.
She’s been banned from contacting her boyfriend Lewis Burton following the alleged bust-up that led to her being arrested and charged with assault by beating earlier this month.
Caroline, who pleaded not guilty, is now hoping a period of rest and relaxation will take her mind off her troubles.
A source told The Sun on Sunday: “Caroline feels trapped in the UK. She can’t see or communicate with Lewis but she also doesn’t want to return to her flat because her every move is documented by photographers…
“So after spending the festive period with family and friends, she’s jetted to LA…
“She wants to feel the sunshine on her skin, do long hikes and clear her head.”
The TV star is to be replaced as host of the upcoming series of Love Island by pal Laura Whitmore.
Caroline confirmed that she was standing down from hosting the series, writing on Instagram: “There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regard to my personal life.
“While matters were not as have been reported I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can’t comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.
“However Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it’s the best show on telly. In order not to detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is stand down from Series 6.
“I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town.”