Lewis Burton has been pictured looking downcast as he prepares to ring in the New Year without his girlfriend Caroline Flack.
The sportsman, 27, looked glum as he was seen getting into his car in London today – after Flack, 40, left the UK yesterday to sun herself in Los Angeles after after appearing in court where she was charged with assault by battery following an alleged altercation with Lewis at her home.
Police were called to her flat in an early morning incident that saw him treated for a head injury and her treated for cuts to her hands.
She pleaded not guilty and has been banned from contacting Lewis ahead of her next court appearance next year.
Ahead of 2020 festivities kicking off, tennis player Lewis was seen on his own looking down in the dumps as he stood with his car door open in the steet.
He was wearing a navy blue roll neck jumper paired with jeans and boots as he held one of his mobile phones up to his ear – a second handset could also be spotted poking out of his back pocket.
It comes after Caroline was pictured arriving at the airport ahead of her flight to California on Monday.
She’s said to be planning long hikes and a period of reflection before heading home.
She’s been banned from contacting her boyfriend Lewis following the alleged bust-up that led to her being arrested and charged with assault by beating earlier this month.
Caroline is now hoping a period of rest and relaxation will take her mind off her troubles.
A source told The Sun on Sunday : “Caroline feels trapped in the UK. She can’t see or communicate with Lewis but she also doesn’t want to return to her flat because her every move is documented by photographers…
“So after spending the festive period with family and friends, she’s jetted to LA…
“She wants to feel the sunshine on her skin, do long hikes and clear her head.”
Caroline confirmed that she was standing down from hosting the series, writing on Instagram : “There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regard to my personal life.
“While matters were not as have been reported I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can’t comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.
“However Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it’s the best show on telly. In order not to detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is stand down from Series 6.
“I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town.”
Laura Whitmore , whose boyfriend Iain Stirling provides the voice over for the show, is stepping in to host.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us direct 0207 29 33033