Caroline Flack’s presenting gig on the controversial Channel 4 show The Surjury has reportedly been called into question following her assault charge.
Caroline has already stepped down as presenter of ITV2’s dating hot Love Island after she was arrested earlier this month for assault following a bust-up with boyfriend Lewis Burton.
On Monday, the 40 year old pleaded not guilty to attacking him, and will face trial in March 2020.
Now a source has told The Sun that her presenting future might be taking a hit as Channel 4 are keen to put some distance between themselves and the presenter.
“Caroline’s looming court case and the bad publicity surrounding her has left a dark cloud over the show,” the source claimed, “And Channel 4 do not want to associate themselves with Caroline at this time.
“It’s a devastating blow for her as it was a huge break into the mainstream.
“There have been ongoing discussions and some people on the production team have admitted they don’t think it’ll ever air.
“The Surjury was always going to be controversial and for some they feel to have Caroline hosting it would be a disastrous move right now.”
Mirror Online has contacted representatives for both Caroline and Channel 4 for comment.
A spokesperson for Channel 4 previously told Mirror Online that “The Surjury is not currently in the schedule.”
Caroline has recently taken to social media to wish her fans the best for the festive season.
“Been advised not to go on social media,” she penned, “But i wanted to say happy Christmas to everyone who has been so incredibly kind to me this year.
“This kind of scrutiny and speculation is a lot to take on for one person to take on their own…”
She added: “I’m a human being at the end of the day and I’m not going to be silenced when I have a story to tell and a life to keep going with…
“I’m taking some time out to get feeling better and learn some lessons from situations I’ve got myself into. I have nothing but love and bets wishes for everyone.”