Myles Stephenson was reportedly attacked in a brawl after a gang of thugs took exception to where he was sitting in a restaurant.
The 28-year-old Rak-Su singer, who won The X Factor in 2017, was with friends in popular celeb haunt Sheesh in Chigwell, Essex, when they were set upon by up to nine people.
The Sun has reported that the brawl flared-up “out of nowhere” and the I’m A Celebrity star was ‘punched and elbowed in the head’ repeatedly in the horrific attack.
A source has said that Myles was urged to move table by the gang of thugs, who shoved their arms into his face as the trouble erupted.
A witness said about the attack: “It blew up in a couple of seconds. Myles seemed to have sat down with his friends in an area where these other guys seemed to think they had already reserved.
“Rather than talk about it quietly, they went straight in for a fight.
“A few seconds later Myles had been whacked several times in the face and body and his friends had stepped in to try and help protect him too, but they were massively outnumbered.
“It was awful to watch and a ridiculous overreaction given what had happened.”
The incident continued outside after the restaurant’s security manhandled the gang off the premises.
The witness continued: “Glass bottles were being smashed and some cars were damaged too – people were calling for the police.”
Myles was reportedly shaken by the brawl, in which he stood his ground in the face of the attack.
Sources say Myles was shaken but bravely stood his ground with a friend of the singer adding: “Nobody could understand what had started it or whether they targeted Myles deliberately.”
Posting in his Instagram story on Thursday evening, Myles told his fans that he was okay and that there “was not a bruise on his body.”
He also confirmed that his friends had come through the incident unscathed and thanked his fans for all their messages of support.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us direct 0207 29 33033.